The Dining Attendant is responsible for providing meal service for residents of the facility in accordance with regulatory guidelines and in a friendly and professional manner. This position is also responsible for dining room and kitchen clean-up.
- Promptly greets residents in a friendly manner and directs
them to seating for each meal.
- Obtains resident meal orders and provides orders to the Executive
Chef or on-duty cook. At breakfast or
any other meal served buffet-style, the dining attendant will assist residents
in obtaining desired meal selections.
- Serves residents their meals and beverages in a pleasant,
courteous, and respectful manner.
- Assists residents during meal time as needed.
- Demonstrates proper personal hygiene and food service
- Clears tables after meals and provides dining room and
- Ensures that soaps, detergents, cleaning compounds, and
similar substances are properly and safely stored in areas separate and apart from
- Ensures that all dining room and kitchen areas are kept
clean and free of any litter, debris, or food particles so as to avoid
infestation of rodents, vermin, and insects.
- Ensures that all utensils used for eating and drinking and
in preparation of food and drink have been cleaned and sanitized before and after
- Immediately notifies the Administrator, Nurse, or Food
Services Manager/Executive Chef of any irregular dining and/or personal habits
exhibited by the residents.
- Adheres to guidelines in the employee handbook including
dress code, conduct, and scheduling.
- Regular attendance.
- Commitment to the company’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training preferred.
- Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to
carry out assignments.
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate
effectively. Demonstrated skill in
correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
with co-workers, administrative team, and residents.
The Courtyard at Little Chico Creek is a well-established company enabling residents to live full and independent lives supported by a sense of family and community. We provide the widest possible range of amenities and services. We help residents create a lifestyle tailored to their individual needs and goals, and provide residential care communities for the elderly that exemplify the concept of dignity, privacy and independence. All of this exists within an environment that enhances the physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual health of each resident.
To apply please stop by to fill out an application at: The Courtyard at Little Chico Creek, 1770 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928, or apply online. Hignell, Inc. is an EOE.