The Cook is responsible for providing an appetizing variety of healthy food for all residents. The Cook is also responsible for kitchen clean-up following meals.
- Cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations.
- Orders and takes delivery of supplies and food products.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure
observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes
using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food, and serves food.
- Regulates temperatures of ovens, broilers, grills, and
- Substitutes for or assists other cooks during emergencies or
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables,
and other foods.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to
prepare them for consumption.
- Estimates expected food consumption; Requisitions or
purchases supplies, or procures food from storage.
- Consults with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into
consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Butchers and dresses animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cuts
and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work
- Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as grills,
deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Reads food order slips or receives verbal instructions as to
food required by residents, and prepares and cooks food according to
- Regular attendance.
- Commitment to the Company’s
- High school diploma or
GED. Additional education and/or
- Education, training,
skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments.
- Ability to read, write,
speak and communicate effectively. Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Ability to add and
subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100’s.
The Courtyard at Little Chico Creek is a well-established company enabling residents to live full and independent lives supported by a sense of family and community. We provide the widest possible range of amenities and services. We help residents create a lifestyle tailored to their individual needs and goals, and provide residential care communities for the elderly that exemplify the concept of dignity, privacy and independence. All of this exists within an environment that enhances the physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual health of each resident.
To apply please stop by to fill out an application at: The Courtyard at Little Chico Creek, 1770 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928, or apply online. Hignell, Inc. is an EOE.