Administrator - Assisted Living Facility
The Administrator is responsible for overseeing facility operations and ensuring that residents receive the highest level of quality of care. The Administrator is also responsible for the overall financial stability of the facility.
- Manages the daily activities of employees; plans, organizes,
and directs staff to ensure that all areas and facilities are clean, safe, and
ready for use by residents.
- Identifies and develops facility standards of care congruent
with the population seeking placement.
- Projects and develops a sound operating budget for the
- Implements department budgets and approves or denies expenditures
based on the established allocations.
- Standardizes operations of each department within the
- Develops an administrative plan and procedures to ensure
clear definition of lines of responsibility, equitable workloads and adequate
- Administers the facility in accordance with licensing
regulations and established policy, program and budget.
- Develops sound policies and procedures for resident care.
- Provides and ensures the provision of services to residents
with appropriate regard for the residents’ physical and mental well being and
needs, including those services identified in the residents’ pre-administration
appraisal; makes special provisions for the safety and guidance of residents
with visual or auditory deficiencies and make provisions for the resident with
unmet needs to attend available community programs, including but not limited
to, arranging for transportation.
- Utilizes a system of sound management, which monitors
quality standards on an ongoing basis in all departments.
- Develops and carry out a successful marketing program which
maintains >95% occupancy.
- Reviews and approves all admissions.
- Recruits, employs, and trains qualified staff with
responsibility for hiring, discipline, and performance reviews.
- Supervises all department supervisors to ensure facility is
operating according to set standards and in compliance with regulatory
- Coordinates staff training and in-service schedules.
- Ensures that the property is a pleasant living environment
for all residents.
- Timely and successfully handles resident requests for
service, complaints, or problems.
- Complies with all applicable state, federal, and local laws
related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Reports to the licensee on the operation of the facility,
and provide the licensee with the necessary interpretations of recognized
standards of care and supervision.
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent
of the position.
- Regular attendance.
- Travel as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fifteen (15) or more college or continuing education units
in the field; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- One (1) or more years of experience providing residential
care to the elderly; or equivalent education and experience as approved by the
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements for providing
care and supervision appropriate to the residents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and commitment to follow, all
applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Previous experience managing employees through motivation,
coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate needs, change goals and direction
quickly and multitask
- Advanced knowledge of cooking processes and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with
all levels of management, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating, and
personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention
- 40-hour Administrator Certificate.
- Current First Aid Certification.
- At least 21 years of age.
The Courtyard at Little Chico Creek is a well-established company enabling residents to live full and independent lives supported by a sense of family and community. We provide the widest possible range of amenities and services. We help residents create a lifestyle tailored to their individual needs and goals, and provide residential care communities for the elderly that exemplify the concept of dignity, privacy and independence. All of this exists within an environment that enhances the physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual health of each resident.
To apply please stop by to fill out an application at: The Courtyard at Little Chico Creek, 1770 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928, or apply online. Hignell, Inc. is an EOE.