Community Association Property Manager
The Community Association Property Manager is responsible for the management of residential communities managed and/or operated by the Company. The Manager supervises all aspects of day-to-day operations of the communities.
- Drafts and enforces community rules and regulations governing
behaviors that are intended to help maintain a visually appealing community
while protecting property values.
- Monitors community activities, hears complaints from
homeowners, and investigates and resolves issues.
- Works directly with the Board and homeowners to mediate a
resolution to disputes and/or conflicts.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of common
areas in a community.
- Handles the financial matters of the community he or she manages,
including the collection of association fees from residents.
- Facilitates neighborhood meetings, keeps residents up to
date on changes to rules and regulations, and serves as an unofficial internal
representative of the Company.
- Maintains communication with the Board, association
members/owners, and vendors.
- Responds to letters and log calls from owners.
- Sends notices of annual meetings.
- Collects assessments, ensure bills are paid, and produces
- Establishes a draft budget for the Board and implements
- Ensures tax forms are completed and taxes are paid, as
- Advises the Board on matters of governance.
- Refers the Board to other professional advisors (e.g.
attorneys, CPAs, engineers) as needed.
- Maintains files for each member of the association/owner.
- Maintains records for the association.
- Interviews, hires, supervises, and terminates association
- Negotiates contracts on behalf of the community while
working with the Board.
- Monitors contract vendors.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by ensuring collection of
dues; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget;
scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Demonstrates ability to understand financial goals and
operate properties in the best interests of the owners and/or the Company.
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Provides constant vendor/contractor communications
concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations, and certificates of
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all the
- Prepares and implements procedures and systems within Company
guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Uses successful techniques and company directives to screen,
hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensures efficiency of staff through ongoing training,
instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Prepares correspondence letters to owners.
- Regular attendance.
- Travel as required.
- Commitment to the Company’s mission.
- Four (4) year college degree.
- Two (2) or more years of prior proven leadership experience
guiding and managing direct reports.
- Two (2) or more years of demonstrated success as a Community
Association Property Manager.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, multi-tasking,
planning, and follow up skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to present self in a professional manner and
represent the Company image.
- Demonstrated leadership and project success are expected.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
- Self motivated, punctual, detail oriented, and able to work
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Two (2) to four (4) years experience in the property
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment.
To apply, please mail in or drop off your resume at The Hignell Companies, 1750 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928 or apply online. No phone calls please. Hignell, Inc is an EOE.