Administrative Assistant for Residential Property Management
The Hignell Companies is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to assist in our Residential Property Management Department.
The Administrative Assistant - Property Managers/Resident Managers assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the functions and duties of the Property Management Department and the Residential Property Management Department. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to Property Managers and Resident Managers as needed, creating a professional and welcoming environment for staff and clients, and demonstrating strong attention to each detail of the work day.
• Performs tasks at the direction of Property Managers and Resident Managers.
• Serves as administrative assistant to Property Managers and Resident Managers; formats and types correspondence, forms, and reports, including weekly vacancy reports; composes routine correspondence; compiles data for reports; takes and transcribes meeting minutes; prepares agendas and meeting notices; schedules meetings; provides other support as requested.
• Provides exceptional customer service; receives and directs incoming calls from residents, resident managers, assistant resident managers, vendors, rental references, sales, etc.
• Maintains vacancy reports; department calendars; emails reminders to resident managers and assistant managers; reviews reports for discrepancies; maintains updates related to all properties.
• Assists resident managers and assistant managers in preparation and service of three (3) day notices and other legal forms; informs Property Managers of any legal action required by monitoring incoming and outgoing paperwork and communications to/from attorney.
• Participates in weekly on-call coverage.
• Assists Property Manager and Resident Managers with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Maintains information and makes copies for RPM Department and properties.
• Ensures confidentiality of designated materials. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior and uses tact in dealing with sensitive materials.
• Answers incoming phone calls and provides a wide variety of information to staff, residents, and others; directs inquiries as appropriate; answers procedural questions; takes messages
• Organizes and maintains a variety of files, including legal matters; tracks deadlines; ensures confidentiality of designated materials.
• Plans and coordinates resident manager meetings.
• Maintains information and tracks clerical supply distribution for all resident managers and billing invoicing for items provided.
• Collects Resident Manager timesheets and distributes to the Property Manager for approval
• Monitors and tracks RPM credit card usage and invoices processing
• Sorts and distributes invoices
• Regular attendance.
• Travel and work overtime as required.
• Serves as member of the RCPM team; may serve on various committees. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information consistent with Company and ethical guidelines.
• May purchase refreshments for meetings and conferences; prepare meeting room and arrange refreshments; clean up after meeting.
• Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Mental and Physical Demands:
• Experiences frequent interruptions; required to meet inflexible deadlines; requires concentration and attention to detail; requires a high level of organizational and prioritization skills; may occasionally deal with distraught or difficult individuals.
• Requires ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information received.
• Required to sit for prolonged periods; exposed to visual display terminal for prolonged periods; dexterity and precision required in the operation of a computer.
• Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
• This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities except as may be assigned from time to time.
• Commitment to the Company's mission.
• High school diploma or GED. College degree or equivalent experience in the property management is preferred.
• Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments, including training in office procedures, and two (2) to four (4) years of increasingly responsible administrative assistant experience that includes customer service.
• Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively. Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
• Knowledge of general office procedures. High-level of computer skills. Demonstrated skill in operating a computer and ability to learn the use of specific software programs including word processing, Excel, spreadsheet, Adobe, Microsoft Publisher, and desk top publishing. Ability to format and compose computer correspondence and documents.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic property management law.
• Ability to read and create reports using property management software.
• Understanding of accounting principles and the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
• Knowledge of Appfolio Property Management software.
• Ability to set up and maintain accurate filing systems.
• Ability to coordinate and schedule events.
• Skill in telephone and in-person reception.
• Skill in effective customer service and public relations.
• Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
• Ability to organize and set priorities for work.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment.
To apply, please mail in or drop off your resume at The Hignell Companies, 1750 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928 or apply online. No phone calls please. Hignell, Inc is an EOE.