The Administrative Assistant – Community Association Management (“CAM”) assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the functions and duties of the CAM Department.
- Performs tasks at the direction of Property Managers.
- Serves as administrative assistant to Property Managers;
formats and types correspondence, forms, and reports; composes routine
correspondence; compiles data for reports; takes and transcribes meeting
minutes; prepares agendas and meeting notices; schedules meetings; provides
other support as requested.
- Provides exceptional customer service; receives and directs
incoming calls from residents, resident managers, assistant resident managers,
vendors, rental references, sales, etc.
- Extensive customer service involving Association members,
Board members, and outside service representatives.
- Maintains and creates association databases using Appfolio,
Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. This
includes the ability to manipulate the dates to create desired queries,
reports, and forms.
- Provides accurate account information to association
members, board members, and financial institutions as necessary.
- Maintains association central files.
- Assists in preparing agendas and materials for scheduled
regular board meetings. Assists in the
distribution of ‘board packets’ to the board members within the time frame
outlined in our management contract. Ensures that necessary rooms or buildings are reserved for the scheduled
- Assists in the Preparation of agendas, proxy, ballots, and
other materials for annual membership meetings.
- Prepares and distributes all disclosures required by law;
including assessment collection policies, rules, regulations, insurance
coverage, and assessment information.
- Provides new association members with association documents
as required by law.
- Provides the Accounting Department with Owner/Board Member
information regarding association changes to ensure accurate account
- Assists in preparation of Association violation letters to
- Prepares association newsletters, arrange for their
printing, and their distribution.
- Responsible for mailing a multitude of documents, including
proofing, copying, folding, stuffing, and the maintaining of records of such
- Ensures that the necessary office supplies for the CAM
Department are available, ordering when necessary.
- Types labels, envelopes, sending and monitoring faxes,
printing payment coupons.
- Assists Property Manager with various research projects
and/or special projects.
- Maintains information and makes copies for CAM Department
- Ensures confidentiality of designated materials. Models
appropriate and cooperative behavior and uses tact in dealing with sensitive
- Answers incoming phone calls and provides a wide variety of
information to staff, owners, and others; directs inquiries as appropriate;
answers procedural questions; takes messages; interacts in person or on the
phone with employees who may be distraught or angry.
- Organizes and maintains a variety of files, including legal
matters; tracks deadlines; ensures confidentiality of designated materials.
- Plans and coordinates meetings.
- Maintains insurance files, due dates, and claims for all
- Regular attendance.
- Travel and work overtime as required.
- Commitment to the Company’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED. College degree or equivalent experience in the property management is
- Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to
carry out assignments, including training in office procedures, and two (2) to
four (4) years of increasingly responsible administrative assistant experience
that includes customer service.
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate
effectively. Demonstrated skill in
correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Knowledge of general office procedures. High-level of computer skills. Demonstrated
skill in operating a computer and ability to learn the use of specific software
programs including TOPS, word processing, Excel, spreadsheet, Adobe, Microsoft
Publisher, and desk top publishing. Ability to format and compose computer correspondence and documents.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic property
- Ability to read and create reports using property management
- Understanding of accounting principles and the ability to
perform mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Ability to set up and maintain accurate filing systems.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule events.
- Skill in telephone and in-person reception.
- Skill in effective customer service and public
- Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to
- Ability to organize and set priorities for work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment.
To apply, please mail in or drop off your resume at The Hignell Companies, 1750 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928 or apply online. No phone calls please. Hignell, Inc is an EOE.