The Project Manager plays a fundamental role in the execution of construction projects undertaken by the Company. The position's primary responsibility is to optimize the execution of work on projects in a manner consistent with goals established.
The position's major functions are focused on completing projects in accordance with design, specifications, budget, and schedule by following best management practices and by ensuring a disciplined approach to the Company's project planning and execution processes. This role has responsibility for establishing administrative and technical direction and providing oversight management of assigned projects.
Additionally, the Project Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients through outstanding service in an effort to develop additional business opportunities. The position plays a key role in achieving corporate objectives and for maintaining a safe and profitable business environment.
• Directly manages projects, and employees assigned to those projects, as assigned by the Vice President of Construction Services.
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting project requirements, preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions, as needed.
• Accurately estimates labor costs, material costs, and time allocations for projects.
• Prepares, implements, manages, and completes action plans in order to improve productivity, improve quality, foster an attitude of customer-service, and identify and resolve problems as they arise.
• Markets the Company's construction services to new and existing clientele through preparation of proposals and other marketing materials.
• Creates and manages project completion lists for all projects under his/her supervision.
• Manages outstanding contracts, change orders, RFI's, submittal packages, and other related contract documentation.
• Determines project needs, orders, and supervises material orders in order to ensure the timely receipt of materials in order to meet related project milestones.
• Responsible for material acquisition: researches, selects, and inspects all required materials for multiple projects.
• Reviews estimating material take offs and issue purchase orders.
• Reviews and provides material pricing for special orders.
• Responsible for management of inventory.
• Supervises daily scheduling of employees, vendors, and subcontractors.
• Assists in the project billing process, including the completion and submission of appropriate billing forms.
• Coordinates, schedules, and presents at internal meetings, as needed in support of ongoing projects.
• Represents Company to customers and coordinates with customer for scheduling of work.
• Evaluates and determines jobsite readiness.
• Oversees site coordination for the delivery of materials and equipment to project sites.
• Proficient in reading blue prints and bid estimating take offs.
• Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
• Regular attendance.
• Travel as required.
• Must have three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience as a Project Manager or equivalent experience in the construction industry.
• Experience managing private works and public works projects preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable building codes, ordinances, and regulations.
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.) as well as an understanding of industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
• Thorough familiarity with bid process and review, project requirements, coordination of materials procurement, material requsition, submittal
compilation, purchase orders, on-site job walk throughs and meetings, change orders, pay application support and close-out documents.
• Proficient in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational, multi-tasking, planning and follow up skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to present self in a professional manner and represent the Company image.
• Demonstrated leadership and project success are expected.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Advanced abilities in reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
• Commitment to the Company's mission.
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment. For more details, visit our website at: http://www.hignell.com
Forward salary requirements, cover letter and resume
Subject Title: Project Manager
NO phone calls please
Hignell, Inc is an EOE.
Experts in Your Home is a division of The Hignell Companies with offices in Chico and Redding. Experts serves both residential and commercial properties (including Hignell managed AND non-Hignell managed) in the areas of plumbing, electrical, painting, heating & air, janitorial and carpet cleaning. We offer a great work environment.
To apply, please mail in or drop off your resume at The Hignell Companies, 1750 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928 or apply online. No phone calls please. Hignell, Inc is an EOE.