The Hignell Companies is recruiting for a full-charge Bookkeeper. This is a full-time benefited position.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for creating financial transactions and creating financial reports from that information. The bookkeeper is also responsible for reconciling accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Develops systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocation and posting transactions
- Balances accounts by reconciling entries
- Maintains and balances general ledger
- Maintains historical records
- Conducts frequent reconciliation of accounts
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
- Complies with company and regulatory policies and procedures
- Completes additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma minimum / college degree a plus.
- Education, training, skills and experience necessary to complete assignments
- Two (2) or more years bookkeeping experience
- One (1) or more years of bookkeeping with specialized data software
- Experience with Sage software, Timberline
- Ability to meet inflexible deadlines while maintaining confidentiality and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- Positive and attentive work ethic.
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment.
To apply, please mail in or drop off your resume at The Hignell Companies, 1750 Humboldt Road, Chico, CA 95928 or apply online. No phone calls please. Hignell, Inc is an EOE.